Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What's done is done

We are going to Kauai in October with the Browns and finally booked our flights last night. We agreed to go on the childless vacation before we had Luke, and have gone back-and-forth on whether or not we should actually do it. But in the end we chose to go and now there is no going back.

I'm excited for the trip, because we love Hawaii, and it will be our first time in Kauai. However, I am trying not to think about leaving Luke behind or the things that I need to do before then, like wean him and transition to solid foods and, oh yes, ditch the baby weight. Ugh.

We've had mixed reactions from family about the trip, with some saying we will be miserable without him and others saying that leaving the kids behind is the best. I'm hoping that neither are true, and that will miss him but it will be manageable. My mom is going to come down from Canada and stay with Luke at our house, so that makes me feel better about leaving. It would be hard to have him bounce between family members. Sticking to one sitter should minimize damage, right?

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am so jealous!!! Take me with you! We two will have a blast. Jeff's family are in Kauai right now and that is my parent's favorite spot in Hawaii. Someday I hope to venture over to Hawaii :) Good luck with all that you have to do before your trip, I know you can do it!

jeff with a J said...

Thanks for the invite...