LUKE
Luke's obsession-of-the-week is with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. He hasn't watched the whole movie (it is super long and gets kind of weird with the kiddo-snatcher in the middle) but loves to watch the very beginning with the racecars and the segements where the actors sing "Toot Sweets," "Truly Scrumptious" and, of course, "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." He likes the latter song so well that I have finally downloaded it on iTunes and we listen to it on repeat for a good part of each day. Occasionally he tries to sing along and it is the cutest thing ever. He actually has the rhythm of the song down pat and even knows some the the lyrics. My favorite part that he sings is "in a motor car." Trust me, it's cute.
A few times this week he has burst into song whilst playing his toys. And on Sunday while everyone else was standing and singing the rest hymn, Luke was standing and singing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I am sure the people in front of us were highly entertained.
Luke is also really into reading the Illustrated Book of Mormon stories. We try to read just a few pages with him every night but he never wants to stop. He'll say, "More plates of brass." What parent can say no to that?
CAMILLE
Millie had her two-month birthday on Sunday. Time has flown by. At her checkup last week she was 23 inches and almost 12 pounds. She is pleasantly plump and generally a happy camper. (Unless she is in her car seat. I think she hates it). She has been sleeping great (my sister will strangle me for this) and usually sleeps in 5 to 6 hour chunks at night and occasionally longer. I actually don't mind getting up in the night to feed her because she is all smiles. And because it is nice to be able to give her 100 percent of my attention.
NATALIE
I am proud to say that I have finally learned to make homemade bread. I found an awesome recipe and even attended a class to learn how to make bread from start to finish in one hour. I haven't bought bread at the store for two weeks! The recipe is from Pantry Secrets (I wrote a profile on the women who run the company for the Herald a while ago) and is honestly life changing. I am already saving a ton of money because the recipe makes like 50 plus things. If you live in the area the class is REALLY helpful.
I am on a big self-reliance kick, so this past month I also updated our 72-hour kits, stocked up on water and spent a majority of our tax refund on food storage. Our power went out twice this week (I changed diapers by candelight!) and it was nice think we would be fine if it didn't come back on for a while.
Where am I finding all of this free time? Well, I really haven't worked at all since I had Camille. Mostly because I haven't wanted to, but partially because one of the companies that I've been writing for hasn't paid me in six months and so I am on strike until I get paid. Not holding my breath on that one. I have been extremely frustrated as they owe me a lot of money, but I am choosing to see it as a blessing. Because they aren't paying me, I am not working for them and because I am not working I have had more time to relax and just enjoy life. Work wasn't/isn't super stressful for me, but there was an expectation of working during naptime. Now I take naps when they do. Or, if Luke doesn't take a nap it isn't a big deal and we just play.
TODD
Todd keeps very busy doing many things (full-time job, teaching one class, taking one class, elders quorum pres, freelance writing) but still manages to be the world's greatest husband and father. You think I am exaggerating, but I am not. Just ask my old boss who told me several times that I married above myself. (I take it as a compliment). We all get quite excited when he comes home. I'm sure he wasn't that excited to come home today because I was DONE after 12 hours by myself, but we were still excited to see him.
You are a true friend if you are still reading. :)
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds like life is good. Can't wait until we see you guys again, whenever that may be :)
i am your true friend!! Sounds like you're doing fantastic!
asher has started singing a lot too. he loves to sing LOUD while we are singing the hymns in church. so cute.
that is awesome that you got all your food storage stuff. i have been feeling a need to do that to, and am actually planning to use our tax return money for that as well. now i just need to find a place to put it!
Oh how I wish I was closer so I could join in the singing fun! We also love Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (it's Dave's favourite movie!). Elysse is also infatuated with the B of M stories... we read one every morning at breakfast. And you are really inspiring me with the food storage. Dave and I made a yummy batch of overnight buns the other day (6 dozen!) - I'll have to send you that recipe. Love you all!
True friend, here. :)
So glad things are going swimmingly for the Hollingsheads. Serves you right! :)
Wow, sounds like you guys are up to a lot. But as I have found out myself, life with two kids is a lot. Glad you have found more time lately for family and making homemade bread. I have yet enter into that field although I sure love the smell of nice homemade bread in the oven.
Good life update. Glad all is well for you guys!
Post a Comment