Side note: I moved to Utah in the fall of 2001, and for almost 10 years, my closest sibling was 10 hours away.
They are renting an apartment about 40 minutes from my house, so we try to get together at least once a week. The day before Easter, I recruited her to help me on a BIG project, in exchange for some dog-sitting.
Here is an iPhone picture of what we were working on:
Yes, we HAND-PAINTED that onto the wall. And yes, I am insane. I saw this idea and tutorial on a blog and fell in love. I've been wanting to do it for a while and finally started tracing the pattern one afternoon, whilst procrastinating more important tasks. Haha, isn't that always how it goes?
It took me about five hours to trace, and Mel and I painted for about six hours together. That is a total of 17 man hours! I'll try to take some pictures of the finished wall this week. I love it!
7 comments:
This is awesome! I am impressed with your dedication to get it done, it looks great! And I simply love your new header family picture. It is so sweet!
Natalie, this looks incredible! What a great project. I want to see more pictures when you get a chance. You need to show this off!
natalie! that is amazing! would you mind sharing the website where you found the tutorial? i know it will be years before i ever own a home, but this is such a fun project!!
also, i was thinking about you saturday because i ran a 5k... brought back memories of our totally awesome run at thanksgiving point ;) hope you well!!
That is way cool!
oh my gosh. that looks insanely time consuming. but wow! the wall looks awesome! glad you're updating again! :)
Nat you are awesome. I love your new pics too. You look so good. I miss you guys I hope we can get together before we move. Mir
oh my gosh. you are incredible. I want to see the final product!
Post a Comment