Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cabin Fever

I am getting a wee bit o cabin fever. Does anyone reading this blog know of somewhere indoors that I can take my child to run around? That isn't McDonalds?? Why isn't there some sort of indoor baby play place in Utah Valley?? I thought this was Baby Central USA. HELP!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

i know there is a cool place in the gateway, even though that is a little far. i have never been there, but have been to a place like it in WA. kind of expensive, but fun to do like once a month. i think it's called discovery museum. there is a website.

there used to be play places in both malls, but both are shut down right now, PTC opens again in March. i was ticked when i found out it was closed.

there is also another place in orem/lindon called jump on it where they can run around and jump on those bounce house thingy's, again, only heard about it, but it has a website, i think we are going to try to go there for mother's group.

the library has story times. we went to the bean museum last week, and i let asher go up and down the stairs for like an hour. sometimes if i am desperate, we will just go to the mall, and i let asher push his stroller around, he LOVES it. and a couple weeks ago i had to go to robert's and then afterward, i let him run around deseret book and staples. he played with candy bars for like 20 minutes.

or, you could just do play groups. we had one today at my house, and one of the girl's said her little guy was in a bad mood at home, but they came over here and he was so happy, so it really just helps to have a change of scenery.

ok, sorry this is so long, but those are all the ideas i have. there really isn't much around UT valley in the way of indoor fun, i've been looking online a lot lately, and haven't found anything. if you do, let me know!

Lant Family said...

I agree with Morgan. We go to story time and Lucy likes it. Or just going to the library is fun and letting her read the books there. The bean museaum is also good. I have thought of Jump On It but I didn't know if Lucy would be able to do it on her own. I think I would have to do it with her. You should just come over and play with us any time. Seriously. I would love to have you over.

Beau Sorensen said...

There's always the Garden Park clubhouse. Rachelle has the same conundrum too. I suppose the Orem Rec center has some strollery - you could go down on their indoor track and run around there. Of course, that would be you running around. As far as Luke, try out um...um...the Children's Museum in SLC if it's still around. Or the aquarium, also in SLC. Or just Costco or University Mall.