Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks Giving

Well, we don't have any photos to post because we left our camera in the car all day, but we had a great time celebrating American Thanksgiving with Todd's family. We spent a good part of the day in Centerville at his parent's house, noshing on delicious food and chatting with family. Perhaps the highlight of the day was when Todd accidentally locked Luke into a bedroom and we had to take the door apart to retrieve him. Good times.

Although I am convert to the November holiday (Canadian Thanksgiving is in October), I am grateful for the reminder of all of the wonderful blessings Todd and I have in our lives.
Here is a short list of things I, Natalie, am thankful for, in no particular order.

1. My health — Yes, it has been a bit sketchy this year but dealing with some interesting health issues has just made me appreciate all of the wonderful things my body does correctly and its resilience in fighting disease. I still feel like a healthy person and I am grateful for that.
2. My family — Todd and Luke are the best. My siblings are great. Todd's siblings are great. I have the easiest in-laws ever and we all get along famously. I am especially grateful for my parents, who are great examples to me of kindness and generosity and hard work.
3. My job — I really do like to work. I know some people hate it, but I have honestly enjoyed every job I've ever had, including a brief stint at Burger King during high school. I am thankful that I can work from home, contribute to our family and feel a sense of fulfillment while Luke peacefully sleeps. I know that I am very lucky.
4. My friends — I'm grateful for all of the friendships that I have, old and new. Each one of my friends adds something unique and wonderful to my life, and I feel blessed to have such supportive friends.
5. My religion — For me, the biggest testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel is the joy and happiness I can find in any situation as long as I am living correct principles. Three cheers for a happy life!

1 comment:

Lant Family said...

I am glad you are adjusting to american Thanksgiving. I am sure Luke being locked up was interesting. And great list of thankful things, I think I said my health as we went around the dinner table, just even with a small cold you realize how grateful you are to be healthy and feel good.