After the family party on Christmas Eve, Todd and I stayed up until 2 a.m. assembling this train table for Luke. We were sure tired the next day, but Luke loved it so much that it was worth it. We can't take credit for the gift — it was a present from Great Grandma & Grandpa Aldridge and Grandma & Grandpa Aldridge.
We bought Luke some Thomas trains to go along with the table. We had a few books and other things wrapped for Luke under the tree. I tried repeatedly to get him to open them and he just wasn't interested in anything but the trains, so I put them upstairs and I guess we'll give them to him another time.
Luke has been playing with the table nonstop. As soon as he wakes up in the morning he asks to go play with his trains and basically stays there until we have him do something else. Right now the table is in the living room but as soon as Todd recruits someone to carry it upstairs it will go in Luke's room.(I can't help, it weighs 75 pounds!)
3 comments:
Wow that is awesome! I think every little kid would love that. What a lucky kid he is. That will be great with a new baby he will be preoccupied with his train and you will be able to get lots done :)
Wow, I bet he was excited to get that for Christmas.
What a perfect present. That train table is too cool!
Post a Comment