Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Me Time

I am slowly getting better at balancing this two-kid business. Running errands and taking them places hasn't been a problem; I've been doing that since we brought the baby home. However, it has been a challenge to figure out new strategies for cleaning, cooking, working, crafting and — dare I say — relaxing. That last one hasn't happened yet.

Last week I successfully found some time to create a few things for baby shower and birthday presents. Even though I had to stay up late to finish a few of them, it felt REALLY good to do something I wanted to do.

I also started a new work project last week. It felt SO good to exercise a part of my brain that I thought was nonfunctioning. I definitely won't be working as much as I have in past years, but it is nice to know that a bit of work here and then is possible.

Here are some not-so-good photos of a few of my projects. Not sure why the photos are all wonky and sideways. Oh well. You'll just have to turn your head.






7 comments:

Lant Family said...

Very cute---I am glad to know that you eventually will get to be yourself again. I am nervous to see how this 2 kids buisness will all work out. Looks like you are handeling it so good.

Luci, Paul and Jack & Annie said...

Awesome projects! Everything is so cute and unique, everyone is going to love them! And I bet it felt so great to complete each one.

Kailey said...

Wow Nat, I never knew you were so good at sewing! I sadly, have no idea how to. I will have to get my Mom to teach me one of these days. Cute stuff though!!

Tiffany said...

What cute projects! I am still trying to figure out the mother of two balance. And yeah, forget about personal time and projects unless you sacrifice precious sleep. But it does feel rewarding to do something for yourself. I know exactly how you feel. Great work!

The Halladay Family said...

so cute. I hate the feeling that I regressing while I am trying to help my child(ren) progress. I can't remember the last time I stretched my brain. Anyway good for you. I am going to have to find a challenging hobby.
Steph

PixieGirl said...

Wow...you are amazing! I am always in awe at ALL your many talents! Loves, H

amelia said...

These are so cute! Way to be creative...I need my mom's help still to do any sewing.