I hate Wal-Mart. I really do. I know there are many people out there that love themselves some Wally World but I am not one of them. Perhaps it is the get-out-of-my-way excuse for customer service. Perhaps the glaringly bright lights. Or perhaps the junk that always seems to be spewn about everywhere. For the reasons above and many more, I am just not a fan.
I shop at Wal-Mart only under extreme duress. So it was a BIG deal when I decided to go shop there this evening. I needed some buckets for my wheat and I heard that they had them there. Because I don't get very many chances to shop without my two sidekicks, I also decided to pick up some other things whilst there in order to save time.
I spent one rather unpleasant hour cruising through the store to get everything on my list. I had groceries for Easter dinner on Sunday, ingredients for a dip I am bringing to a potluck tomorrow night, diapers for the baby (she has only two left), a potty for Luke, a few things I needed to finish off our 72-hour kits, birthday presents for people ... basically everything but the kitchen sink. I even had coupons for most of the things and had those all in order.
So I head to the self checkout (hate those but that is another post) and just before I start ringing everything in I check my purse. No wallet.
No joke.
Go ahead and laugh because I did. Hysterically, in fact.
Ahh, life.
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ok i have done that exact thing, but i went home and got it and drove all the way back to buy my crap. How frustrating and super funny all at the same time.
Nat - I am betting that I know which Walmart you went to - I have always really hated that one as well. The one by Rob is not quite so bad - I can at least tolerate that one. Sorry about that - I am looking for a picture of that beautiful baby of yours in her blessing dress.
Aunt Mel
Oh, Nat. I feel your pain, and I also share your hysteria.
oh man!!! i am SO sorry. i would have been ticked. what a good sport you are to just laugh. i would have made nate come and bring me my money.
Post a Comment