I made this Halloween pennant on Saturday with the fabric I bought at Broadbents (check the previous post if you missed that story). It spans the whole room, both windows, going up a bit in the middle.
I got the original idea from the Purl Bee blog. I think the one posted is darling, but I changed the pattern a bit to fit what I wanted. Namely, a festive Halloween banner. I made my own larger template and used only one shape instead of several. I used a quarter-yard of five different fabrics (not 10 like suggested on the blog) because that is all I had. I also used the scraps to make a mini-pennant for my kitchen window and also to make rag-tied strings that I sewed on the end.
I am really happy with how they turned out, especially given how little time and thought I put into it. Now I want to make similar banners for Christmas (maybe for the tree?), Valentines and other special days because they are a cute and easy way to make a room festive.
P.S. These aren't the best photos. I struggled to snap a good picture of the one in the living room because the lighting was all wonky. So, if you want to see more of it, come on over! Or click on the picture to make it bigger.
2 comments:
i love the banner, i want to make a birthday one!
Good work..! I absolutely love this Halloween pennant. I will try to make my own.
Post a Comment