Tuesday, May 06, 2008

100 things about me

I know everyone has already done one of these but I thought I'd give it a whirl and see if I could actually come up with 100 things about myself. I don't spend that much time thinking about my likes, dislikes, dreams, etc., because most of my brain power goes towards a certain little man. So, security concerns to the wind, here I go:

1. I am claustrophobic.
2. Despite No.1, I have been in the Nutty Putty Caves. The ONLY reason was to impress a boy that was also going in the caves. Good thing I married him or I might be still having nightmares about that slight in judgment.
3. I spot typos everywhere and anywhere.
4. Despite that, I sometimes post things on my blog without re-reading them. Call me a rebel.
5. I think I am much less uptight as a mother than I thought I would be.
6. I love kids but running a daycare is my own personal nightmare.
7. I really love specialty cheeses, or as my hubby calls them, stinky cheeses.
8. My favorite color is green. It used to be pink. In the future I think it will be blue.
9. I love musicals and country music.
10. I would go to Hawaii every six months if it wouldn't bankrupt us.
11. Traveling is a huge priority for me. So far, I've been to seven countries on three continents.
12. I love mushrooms and add them to everything I cook. (Sorry, Todd).
13. I used to be a pushover but I'm not anymore.
14. I still believe it's nice to be important but more important to be nice.
15. I used to get paid to eat out. Those were the days.
16. I love to eat cookie dough.
17. I'm very concerned about cross-contamination in the kitchen. Seriously.
18. I love playing Scrabble and Yahtzee.
19. I'm still best friends with my high school girls, even though we've lived at least 2,000 miles away from each other for seven years.
20. I like to sew but rarely use patterns.
21. I got my first job at age 15 and haven't stopped working since then.
22. I have a throw pillow fetish and a closet filled to the brim to prove it.
23. Like my mother, I am always rearranging things at my house.
24. I've lived in six different cities in two countries.
25. I hate Wal-Mart.
26. I love love love Target.
27. Eva Cassidy's "Fields of Gold" is one of my all-time favorite songs.
28. When I was pregnant with Luke, I craved peaches like nobody's business.
29. I cry in most movies. Sometimes even cartoons.
30. I work from home and love it.
31. I have always loved babies.
32. Growing up, I was usually the tallest girl in my class.
33. I like to stay up late and sleep in.
34. I crave sushi.
35. I've been married for almost four years.
36. I've worn glasses or contacts since the sixth grade.
37. I love to read.
38. I firmly believe that expensive make-up is worth the investment.
39. I have a hard time taking naps.
40. I don't like to iron. Scratch that. I hate ironing.
41. I really like football. (Go Cougs!)
42. I haven't lived near my family in seven years. I miss them.
43. I have the best in-laws ever.
44. I am all about organization. Purchasing a labelmaker was one of my best moves yet.
45. I love quotes and quote books.
46. I love a good steak.
47. I think I'm a pretty adventurous eater.
48. I'm a cautious driver.
49. I was in a car accident and the rollover in a topless Jeep scraped half my face off. I have pictures to prove it.
50. I've had crushes on several boys named Todd.
51. I want to retire to Montana, it's one of my favorite places in the world.
52. I'm not that into Halloween.
53. I have a selective memory — I remember good things but not bad. It works for me!
54. My hair has been almost every length and color in the book.
55. My parents are the most generous people I know.
56. I really like the elderly. In high school, I would hang out with my great aunt.
57. I am married to the best person I have ever met.
58. I went to a nude spa in Japan (along with the rest of my high school choir). Shocker! Don't worry, the girls were separated from the boys. It's a cultural thing.
59. I am probably the most conservative person among my siblings but one of the more liberal people on Todd's side of the family.
60. I am really proud of my sisters and little brother.
61. I make friends easily and I always have.
62. I have really fond memories of my childhood.
63. I hand wash a lot of my dishes even though we have a dishwasher.
64. I don't really believe in mops — it's all about scrubbing on your hands and knees.
65. I've dabbled in scrapbooking but can't really get into it.
66. I love going out to eat.
67. I like to run and hope to run a marathon some day.
68. I research everything I buy ad naseum.
69. I went to BYU on scholarship and graduated with a 3.9 GPA.
70. I made Women's Chorus my freshman year at BYU but didn't join because of a schedule conflict with my major.
71. I read cookbooks like most people read novels.
72. I love talking to people.
73. It's important to me to have a wide variety of friends.
74. I got engaged on the top of the Empire State Building and it was a complete surprise.
75. Ferris Bueller's Day Off is one of my favorite movies. I firmly believe in Ferris' Philosophy — I am all about taking time off to have fun. Anyone up for a day trip?
76. Being a mom is so much better than I thought it would be.
77. I plan on getting my master's degree.
78. I really love visiting teaching.
79. I want to live by the beach.
80. I love to get a good deal.
81. I don't like people who think the world owes them something.
82. I also have a hard time with people who are all talk and no action.
83. I am a quick decision maker and like to act quickly on my decisions. This stone gathers no moss.
84. I love to read other people's blogs.
85. I loved going to BYU.
86. I love yoga.
87. The sound of Luke laughing is possibly my favorite sound in the whole world.
89. I love dogs, especially labs and pugs.
90. I love chips and salsa.
91. I've never broken a bone.
92. I like karaoke.
93. I took piano lessons for a long time.
94. I love snow skiing.
95. I really want to have a cabin someday, even if it is just a tent on a piece of land. I grew up with one and loved it.
96. I want to have four kids. Todd wants six.
97. I always have to sleep with a blanket on top of me no matter how hot it is.
98. My sisters and I were a singing troupe when we were younger and we once sang at the Price of Wales Hotel.
99. I like to cook.
100. I appreciate a good play on words.

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

The comment on cross-contamination made me laugh because I am the same way. If raw anything has been anywhere NEAR anything else it has to be washed. Usually more than once. :)

Lant Family said...

So fun to read!! I guess I should do more then spell check on my blog entries, Just Kidding. I always have a ton of typos. . JJ always corrects my grammar.

Tiffany said...

Hey Natalie! This is so funny! I am the exact same way on so many of those things you listed! We have so much in common and didn't even know it! I counted and I related to you on 32 of the things on your list.

Todd said...

It's true, I can't stand stinky cheeses and mushrooms. And, for the record, I knew every single one of the things on here. I may have had to be reminded about them, but I do know about them.

Anonymous said...

i am so proud of you TOO! I brag all the time. and also, I want a cabin in montana! meet you there!

Anonymous said...

and i meant i brag all the time about you. haha, but yes, also about me. peace.